Graduate and continuing education can take many forms, from an intensive on-campus graduate degree program to a part-time online experience.
We can help you weigh the opportunity costs and the realities of what more schooling can do for your child or even yourself...
Making the decision to pursue graduate school:
- Why should I consider going to grad school in the first place?
- Will I lose ground by taking time out?
- Is there a way to complete a graduate program part time?
- What are the best ways to finance graduate school?
- How about night classes or even an online graduate degree?
- What can fellowships and other applied learning programs do for me?
- Are certificate programs worth consideration?
General questions about graduate programs in business, law, and medicine:
- What do the rankings really matter?
- Will the GMAT/LSAT/MCAT make or break my application?
- What are the opportunity costs of each option?
- Do I have to go top tier for the degree to make a difference?
- Are graduate school scholarships available?
- What skills will I gain and how will I them?
- How will a US graduate degree translate overseas and vice-versa?
Specific questions about technical programs in engineering, IT, nursing, health sciences, etc.:
- Which is better — a research or practicum based program?
- Do I 'pigeon-hole' myself by specializing?
- Do I really need a doctorate or will a master's suffice?
- What are the prerequisites for various graduate programs?
Back to top